Home News & Gossip This lead actor was the first choice as Deepika’s Lover in ‘Chhapaak’

This lead actor was the first choice as Deepika’s Lover in ‘Chhapaak’

127
0

Deepika Padukone who was last seen in Padmaavat in 2018 had announced her next highly-anticipated project after getting married to beau Ranveer Singh in November 2018 in Lake Como Italy. Titled Chhapaak, the movie is being helmed by Meghna Gulzar of Raazi fame and would see Vikrant Massey, who has previously acted in movies like Lipstick Under My Burkha and A Death In The Gunj, as the male lead.

The first look of the movie was released in March this year and Deepika had ended up receiving appreciation from across all quarters on social media, for her portrayal of Malti, a character believed to be based on the life of acid attack survivor Laxmi Agarwal. 

Now that the film is ‘happily halfway done,’ a piece of surprising news regarding the cast of the movie has been doing the rounds on the internet. As per circulating reports, another actor has recently revealed on a chat show to have been offered the role in the first place and it’s none other than Rajkummar Rao.

The 34-year-old actor was recently quoted by reports to have said, “I didn’t turn it down. Of course not! I loved that script but my dates were so messed up. I’m so looking forward to that film. I kept telling Meghna and Deepika that it’s my loss.”

The team had recently celebrated the first schedule wrap of the movie in the national capital, where a lot of sequences from the sets of the film had been leaked online by the shutterbugs and fans. In one such video, Deepika and Vikrant were seen sharing a passionate kiss while standing at the edge of a building’s terrace. In several other videos, the actors were seen taking an auto-rickshaw ride, Deepika enjoying street food while being dressed as a school girl and more, which in turn have amped up the excitement in her fans for her forthcoming next.

The 33-year-old actress is making her production debut with Chhapaak, which is slated to hit the theatres on January 10, 2020. After this, Deepika is also rumoured to be cast alongside Ajay Devgn, Tabu and Ranbir Kapoor in Luv Ranjan’s next directorial.

Stay tune for more details

[Total: 0    Average: 0/5]

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Home News & Gossip Amitabh Bachchan proves yet again why he is called Big B. Delivers...

Amitabh Bachchan proves yet again why he is called Big B. Delivers 14 minute long take in one shot

214
0

Amitabh Bachchan proved yet again that why is he called Bollywood’s Big B. The megastar, 76, delivered a 14-minute long take in one shot for “Chehre”, leaving the crew in awe of his talent. The film’s producer Anand Pandit lauded his friend Amitabh for it.

Anand Pandit said, “I believe I am blessed to be a part of a film that has this historic scene. Giving a fourteen minute shot is not only difficult but requires dedication of a different kind. And add to it the way Amitji delivered it with finesse. There was pin drop silence on the sets followed by thunderous applause. He is legendary and an inspiration for each one of us,”.

“Chehre” is a mystery thriller with Amitabh and Emraan Hashmi in lead roles. The film is directed by Rumi Jaffrey and produced by Anand Pandit Motion Pictures and Saraswati Entertainment Private Limited. Big B’s feat for the film was also praised by sound artiste Resul Pookutty.

On June 16, he had tweeted: “Today Amitabh Bachchan marked another history in Indian cinema. Last day, last shot of first schedule of ‘Chehre’… he performed a fourteen minute long submission in one shot and the whole crew stood up and clapped! Dear Sir, undoubtedly you are one of the best in the world.”

To that, Big B said: “Resul .. you give me far too much credit than I deserve or am capable of.”

[Total: 0    Average: 0/5]

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Home News & Gossip Kriti Sanon to star in Rahul Dholakia’s next thriller

Kriti Sanon to star in Rahul Dholakia’s next thriller

51
0

Actress Kriti Sanon has signed her next project — Rahul Dholakia’s yet untitled thriller. The film, being produced by Sunir Kheterpal of Azure Entertainment, is slated to go on the floors in August, and will be shot in a start-to-finish single schedule. It is expected to release in 2020.

“I have been waiting for the right female-driven thriller to come my way and this film ticked all the boxes and has all the elements of a commercial film,” Kriti said in a statement.  “It’s an entertainer that has a powerful core idea and will connect with the audiences without being preachy about the subject. I play a media professional for which the research has already started and I am looking forward to beginning this journey in August,” she added. 

Talking about the project, Dholakia said: “Azure pitched this idea to me which was being developed and all of us realised that there was an exciting, real-time thriller format that this story lends itself to. This is a cracker of a script and Kriti is the ideal choice for the protagonist.”

Kheterpal added: “It is a delight to package this subject with Rahul and Kriti. We will start shooting in August and the film will be readied for release in first half of 2020. The film is in pre-production with Rahul, Kriti and the team doing a week long workshop in end July before embarking on a start to finish schedule in August.”

Kriti Sanon will also be seen in many other films such as Arjun Patiala with Diljit Dosanj, Housefull 4 with Akshay Kumar and Ashutosh Gowarikar’s Panipat. Rahul Dholkia last helmed Raees staring Shah Rukh Khan. The film is being written by author Bilal Siddiqi.

[Total: 0    Average: 0/5]

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Home News & Gossip Amitabh Bachchan and Ayushmann Khurrana starer ‘Gulabo Sitabo’ goes on floor

Amitabh Bachchan and Ayushmann Khurrana starer ‘Gulabo Sitabo’ goes on floor

28
0

Megastar Amitabh Bachchan has once again collaborated with director Shoojit Sircar for “Gulabo Sitabo”. The actor who has started shooting for the movie in Lucknow yesterday, says the film’s script screams of diligent writing and enthusiastic preparation. The actor also announced the start of shoot for “Gulabo Sitabo” on his twitter handle.

“Stepping out into another set horizon, a venture that screams of some diligent writing and some enthusiastic preparation,” Amitabh wrote on his blog along with a few photographs of him and director Shoojit Sircar.

He added: “Another start to finish. Another with the same director and crew through several ads, and films done together, the understanding, the immediate fulfilment of where it shall go, and the comfort of creative license.”

“Gulabo Sitabo”, which also stars Ayushmann Khurrana, will release on April 24, 2020.

Written by Sircar’s frequent collaborator Juhi Chaturvedi of “Vicky Donor”, “Piku” and “October” fame, “Gulabo Sitabo” is produced by Ronnie Lahiri and Sheel Kumar.

This is the first time Ayushmann will be seen sharing screen with the cine icon.

[Total: 0    Average: 0/5]

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *