Home Around the world Hollywood Eva Green recalls working with Bernardo Bertolucci

Eva Green recalls working with Bernardo Bertolucci

Actor Eva Green has opened up about working with Italian director Bernardo Bertolucci, who died on Monday after a brief battle with cancer.

According to The Hollywood Reporter, Green, who was 22 when she starred in Bertolucci’s “The Dreamers”, said she was “desperate to do the part in his movie” and she had one of her “best experiences” while working on the project.

“We used to go to his house every weekend, and Bernardo would tell us stories about the movies he’s made, about music and art in the 1960s. He was so kind and generous and sort of a father figure,” she said.

“I always called him the Little Buddah. There was something very wise about him, with his very naughty, mischievous but kind eyes. I learned so much from him. He was very open to the unexpected, to the spontaneous,” she added.

The 38-year-old actor said her parents were “worried” about her when she signed the film, particularly because of the controversy around the filmmaker’s 1972 feature “Last Tango in Paris”.

“They thought I would be damaged because there were stories about what happened to Maria Schneider on The Last Tango. But I met Bernardo for a few screen tests and I liked his vibe,” Green said.

Schneider, who died in 2011, alleged that she was never consulted regarding a rape scene, which she shot with Marlon Brando. The filmmaker had attracted controversy years later after admitting that the graphic nature of the scene in the erotic drama was improvised on set.

Green said she does not want to undermine “Schneider’s experience” but to her, Bertolucci came across as a “gentleman”.

“… As for my own experience, he was always a gentleman. Very respectful. He knew how nervous I was about the sex scenes but he never pushed me. He just let us do things. There was never anything odd. There are so many worse directors he was just a wonderful person and maestro,” she added.

[Total: 0    Average: 0/5]

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Home Around the world Hollywood Actor Luke Perry dead at 52

Actor Luke Perry dead at 52

Mandatory Credit: Photo by Erik Pendzich/REX/Shutterstock (9916925ai) Luke Perry 'Riverdale' TV show panel, New York Comic Con, USA - 07 Oct 2018

Actor Luke Perry, known for roles in “Beverly Hills 90210” and “Riverdale”, died on Monday, just days after suffering a massive stroke. He was 52.

Perry suffered a stroke on February 27.

“He was surrounded by his children Jack and Sophie, fiance Wendy Madison Bauer, ex-wife Minnie Sharp, mother Ann Bennett, step-father Steve Bennett, brother Tom Perry, sister Amy Coder, and other close family and friends,” Perry’s publicist Arnold Robinson told Fox News.

“The family appreciates the outpouring of support and prayers that have been extended to Luke from around the world, and respectfully request privacy in this time of great mourning,” Robinson added.

Last week, Perry was admitted to a hospital for “observation”.

According to TMZ, paramedics responded to a call at the star’s home in Sherman Oaks, California, on February 27 morning.

[Total: 0    Average: 0/5]

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Home Around the world Hollywood Royal Split: Prince Harry and Prince William to go separate ways

Royal Split: Prince Harry and Prince William to go separate ways

Britain’s Princes William and Harry, known to be very close, are preparing to go their separate ways, seeking a more independent path from each other in terms of their charity work and royal duties. Courtiers hope that a formal separation of their staff may also help ease some recently-reported tensions between the brothers and their wives Kate Middleton and Meghan Markle, according to The Sunday Times. The princes, grandsons of Queen Elizabeth II, are expected to create separate “courts” before the birth of Prince Harry’s first child, due in April or May.

Until now they operated via what was referred to as a joint royal household but now they will carve out more distinctive roles for themselves. The brothers will operate through separate staff and communication teams, a move seen as a way for them to seek out a more independent path from each other in terms of their charity work and royal duties.

The division of their shared household after 10 years reflects their increasingly different responsibilities, with William set to take on additional duties as a future king after father Charles. Harry and his pregnant wife Meghan the Duke and Duchess of Sussex will shortly move from Kensington Palace to Frogmore Cottage, on the Queen’s Windsor estate. However, their new office and staff are expected to remain at Kensington Palace.

“William and Harry are working to make sure the Sussexes have an office that can support their family when they move to Frogmore this spring. This work has been underway since before last year’s wedding (of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle),” a royal source was quoted as saying.

The main division for William, 36, and Harry, 34, will be of their communication teams. “There is a gulf in the style and approach to the type of work that William and Kate will increasingly do as future head of state and consort, and Harry and Meghan, who have more of a blank canvas with their roles,” another royal source said.

Prince Charles, who funds his sons’ household and official work from his Duchy of Cornwall income, is understood to have insisted that the division be “cost neutral”.

The brothers and their wives will continue to work together on their charitable royal foundation, Heads Together , which supports mental health, veterans, conservation and vulnerable young people. 

[Total: 0    Average: 0/5]

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Home Around the world Hollywood Meghan Markel skips Kate Middleton Birthday

Meghan Markel skips Kate Middleton Birthday

Royal birthdays are an exciting time of year, and the Duchess of Cambridge just rang in her 37th on Jan. 9! Though the mother of three was surrounded by close friends and family, two rather important royals – Prince Harry and Meghan! – were missing from the celebrations, according to The mail on Sunday

Keeping things low key, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge spent the happy day on Sunday (Jan. 6) at their Norfolk home of Anmer Hall, as per the publication. The Mail reported that there were a number of Kate’s friends on hand to celebrate her birthday, like Emilia Jardine-Paterson, her college hockey teammate. Emilia – Prince George’s godmother – also brought along her husband, David.

Also in attendance was  Princess Charlotte’s godmother, Laura Meade, and her husband, James, as well as Kate’s longtime friend Sophie Carter and her husband, Robert. Many royal watchers will remember that the duchess played a role in Sophie and Robert’s nuptials in September 2018 – where Prince George and Princess Charlotte completely stole the show as bridesmaid and pageboy! 

There could be many reasons explaining Meghan and Harry’s absence from Kate’s birthday. Given the fact that they are expecting their first child in a few months’ time, they must have more than a few things on their to-do list … Like renovating their new family home of Frogmore Cottage! Just in time to welcome Baby Sussex, their quiet country home will be all set, hopefully with a stunning nursery and an extra room for grandma Doria Ragland to settle in.

It’s very likely that Duchess Meghan sent her sister-in-law many well wishes for her big day, and they clearly shared a few happy moments together while with the Royal Family at Sandringham for Christmas.

[Total: 0    Average: 0/5]

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *