Home News & Gossip Aamir quit ‘Salute’ as he was consumed by ‘Mahabharata’: writer Anjum Rajabali

Aamir quit ‘Salute’ as he was consumed by ‘Mahabharata’: writer Anjum Rajabali

Anjum Rajabali was looking forward to work with Aamir Khan for his next “Salute” but the writer says the superstar was so “consumed” by his mammoth project “Mahabharata” that he could not do the film anymore.

“Salute”, which is reportedly now titled “Saare Jaha Se Achcha”, was earlier offered to Aamir. The film, a biopic on astronaut Rakesh Sharma, will now feature Shah Rukh Khan.

“I have been very excited about the project. Like Aamir, I have been a big fan of Rakesh and now he is a good friend also. Frankly speaking, I was very keen that Aamir do it and he, at that moment, had liked it,” Anjum told reporters.

“We had discussed it a lot. We had a lot of hopes for it but unfortunately (there was) the larger project of ‘Mahabharata’, which he was consumed by,” he added.

Aamir, who was sitting right next to the writer exclaimed, “Oh my god!” as the actor had previously remained mum about his exit from the project.

The 53-year-old actor said the film’s script is wonderful and he was really looking forward to work in the film.

“It is a great script. ‘Salute’ is a wonderful script and I am a big fan of Rakesh (Sharma). It’s a wonderful story and I feel sad that I was not able to do it, which is why I called up Shah Rukh and told him it was a wonderful story and he should hear it. I am glad he liked it. All my best wishes for the project,” the actor said.

They were speaking at the award ceremony of Cinestaan India’s Storytellers Contest.

According to reports, Aamir will soon begin work on “Mahabharata”, being developed as a seven-part long web series. The actor will be flying to the USA to work on the script and other technicalities of the big budget epic.

“Salute”, being directed by Mahesh Mathai, is jointly produced by Siddharth Roy Kapur and Ronnie Screwvala under the production banners of Roy Kapur Films and RSVP Films respectively.

[Total: 0    Average: 0/5]

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Home News & Gossip Sushant Singh Rajput – A Victim of Nepotism??

Sushant Singh Rajput – A Victim of Nepotism??

Hey versatility thy name is “Sushant Singh Rajput“. Top ranker in AIEEE, Physics Olympiad winner, accomplished dancer, heartthrob of each and every GenZ and actor par excellence. The news of Sushant Singh Rajput taking his life in his bandra home on the afternoon of 14th June 2020 brought shivers and chills in the minds and hearts of every Indian.

Sushant Singh Rajput (34 years) was found hanging in his Bandra home on Sunday afternoon. It is said “Success has many fathers, failure is an Orphan”. While everyone basked in the glory of his success, no one would own up to his murder. Yes! Suicide is always a murder committed by ones own hands when circumstances drive you to the wall and beyond. Whole bollywood is grieving on his death, however, few pertinent questions do spring up that if everyone loved him so much “WHAT MADE HIM END HIS LIFE”.

When Sushant Singh Rajput had such a great career going for him, what made him take his life. Has he been a victim of nepotism? Were the Big Production Houses instrumental in destroying his successful career? Despite his acting powress, was he sidelined being an outsider? Why was his image tarnished by painting his personal life in shades of grey? Why the movies he had signed earlier were taken away from him ? Why most of the movies he had signed did not go on the floor?

Everyone is showing their grief on social media, but none of them spoke to the departed soul to understand what’s going wrong in his life or when he was in depression. Some of the actors have spoken about the shallowness of Bollywood industry and that it has never been one family as projected. Lets take a look at what they have to say:

Is this the time actually to #FightAgainstNepotism so that another #SushantSinghRajput does not cut his life short.

[Total: 1    Average: 1/5]

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Home News & Gossip Did Vicky Kaushal confirmed relationship with Katrina Kaif?

Did Vicky Kaushal confirmed relationship with Katrina Kaif?

Vicky Kaushal is currently enjoying all the praise for his latest horror flick ‘Bhoot Part One: The Haunted Ship’. The rumours of Vicky Kaushal and Katrina Kaif’s relationship is currently the talk of the town and everyone is keen on knowing about their current status.

The rumoured couple is often spotted by the paps attending parties together. Katrina Kaif was also seen attending the special screening of Vicky’s recent film and the pictures from the screening went viral in no time. Though they have not confirmed anything on it but their pictures speak volumes.

Video courtesy: Viral Bhayani

Recently in an interview, Vicky has said that dating is a ‘beautiful feeling’. Though he chose to remain tight-lipped when he was asked about his relationship with rumoured girlfriend Katrina. He said that there are no cons to dating and it’s a beautiful feeling. He further also said that he understands the paparazzi are doing their job and he also understands that people have an interest in celebrities’ personal lives. But he said that it’s his choice if he wants to share it with people. He revealed that he is not comfortable opening up about his personal life discussion and it’s important for him to guard the good things. Well, it looks like Vicky has dropped some major hints about his relationship with Katrina!

Meanwhile, Katrina, who was seen attending the special screening of Vicky’s film also reviewed it and went on to call it ‘outstanding’.

On the work front, Vicky will be next seen in Sardar Udham Singh biopic and Field Marshal Sam Manekshaw biopic. He also has ‘Takht’ under Dharma Production banner. While Katrina Kaif will be seen with Akshay Kumar in “Sooryavanshi”.

Stay tuned for more updates on Bollywood.

[Total: 0    Average: 0/5]

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Home News & Gossip Priyanka Chopra Jonas and Rajkummar Rao to come together for Netflix orginal...

Priyanka Chopra Jonas and Rajkummar Rao to come together for Netflix orginal “The White Tiger”

Bollywood actors Priyanka Chopra Jonas and Rajkummar Rao will star in a new original film for Netflix based on Arvind Adiga’s Man Booker-winning novel The White Tiger. The film will be directed by Iranian-American filmmaker Ramin Bahrani, known for films like Chop Shop, 99 Homes and Fahrenheit 451.

The shoot of The White Tiger will begin this fall in India,  Netflix said in a statement. The Reed Hastings-owned streaming service is producing The White Tiger in association with Mukul Deora, while Bahrani will be writing the screenplay besides taking the director’s chair. Chopra Jonas will also serve as executive producer.

“I’m so excited to work with Ramin Bahrani and Netflix to bring Aravind Adiga’s poignant story to cinematic life. When I read the book, I was fascinated with the perspective of the narrative. The story’s portrayal of raw ambition and the extent one will go to achieve one’s goals is riveting. I look forward to filming this in India this fall, and also working along with Rajkummar Rao for the first time and the wonderful cast Ramin is putting together,” Chopra Jonas said in a statement.

Adiga’s novel that follows the extraordinary journey of a self-made man from tea-shop worker in a village to successful entrepreneur in a big city, is the latest of the many books Netflix has adapted for its shows, after crime thriller Sacred Games whose second season came out this August and spy thriller Bard of Blood that is due for release late September. It is also looking to tweak its elite reputation in India, wooing smaller towns and diverse audiences with content, pricing and product design.

“It’s an exciting time for actors today and I’m thrilled to be a part of such a world-class project. I’ve been an admirer of Ramin’s work and am excited to see The White Tiger come to life with Netflix,” said Rao, who had earlier done a show called Bose: Dead/Alive for ALTBalaji.

On the work front Priyanka Chopra Jonas will be seen with Farhan Akhtar in The Sky is Pink and Rajkummar Rao is working on Made in China with Mouni Roy, Roohi Afza with Jhanvi Kapoor, Stree 2 and Life in a Metro sequel. Stay tuned for more updates of Bollywood.

Rajkummar Rao’s latest release with Kangana Ranaut “Judgemental hai kya” has not done well on box office.

[Total: 2    Average: 3.5/5]

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *